To find the serial number on a laptop running Windows 7, follow these steps:
- Click the Start button, then click “Control Panel”
- In the Control Panel, click “System and Security”
- Under “System”, click “View amount of RAM and processor speed”
- The serial number will be listed under “System model”
Alternatively, you can find the serial number by using the Command Prompt. To do this:
- Click the Start button, then type “cmd” into the search box and press Enter.
- In the Command Prompt window, type “wmic bios get serialnumber” and press Enter. The serial number will be displayed in the command prompt window.
Keep in mind that the serial number may also be printed on the laptop itself, often on the bottom of the case or on the back of the screen. You can also try looking for a sticker with the serial number on it in the battery compartment or on the back of the laptop.